Delicious Chicken Biryani
Chicken biryani is a delicious and spicy rice dish that is loaded with chicken, caramelized onions, and flavorful saffron rice. We have got this super-easy biryani recipe for you that simplifies the order of operations, while retaining the traditional layered approach to assembling it.
Chicken Biryani is the epitome of a one-pot meal. It's a tasty dish that includes layers of chicken, rice, and aromatics that are steamed together. The bottom layer of rice absorbs all the chicken juices as it cooks, giving it a rich texture and flavor, while the top layer turns out white and fluffy. Buried in the Biryani, you’ll find whole cuts of juicy chicken bursting with flavor from the subtle mix of herbs and spices it’s marinated in. If you are also craving for that, then you need not go anywhere as we have got this super-easy biryani recipe for you!
- 1 kg of chicken
- 500 grams of basmati rice (you can use your favorite rice)
- 1/2 kg onions
- 5 chopped tomatoes
- 5 garlic cloves
- 4 green chili peppers
- 4 tablespoons cooking oil
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 4 cloves of cardamom
- 2 Tbsp crushed ginger
- 1/4 cup mint leaves
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp saffron (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped coriander
Have you seen these recipes?
- Soak the basmati rice in water and set it aside for 15 to 30 minutes depending on the type of rice you are using.
- Put the oil in a saucepan, when it heats up, fry the onions until they turn golden brown in color.
- Grind together the garlic, onion, ginger, two peppers and two sticks of cinnamon, then add them to the onions and stir them together for about four minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and let the mixture keep cooking for five minutes.
- Add in the pieces of chicken together with garam masala, cumin & turmeric and let it simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add the remaining peppers, coriander with some chicken stock and let it cook for a few minutes until it thickens. When ready set it aside.
- To start cooking the rice, first boil water with cardamom, cinnamon and salt then add the rice but do not cook it completely. Five to ten minutes will do. Thereafter, strain the rice and pour the water.
- Finally, in your nonstick pot start adding the rice and chicken curry in alternating layers making sure you finish with the rice. Keep it on low heat for 30 minutes. After that your chicken biryani will be ready to serve.
* If you want to use saffron, soak it in 2-3 Tbsp of lukewarm milk and sprinkle it on top before letting it finish cooking for 30 minutes.
Do try this delicious Chicken Biryani recipe and enjoy it with your loved ones and tell us what you think in the comments.