Delicious Creamy Chicken Kebabs
This is an easy and delicious chicken kebab recipe which also includes a tasty yoghurt marinade. You can easily make this recipe even lower in fat by using chicken breasts instead of chicken thighs and using low fat, or fat free yoghurt.
These chicken kebab skewers are so versatile, they can be grilled, baked in the oven or cooked on the barbeque. In this recipe, you will need to prep the chicken and leave for a few hours or for the best results you can leave it overnight before grilling it in the oven the following day.
- 1/2kg boneless chicken
- Salt to taste
- 2 tsp of lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp powdered black pepper
- 1/4 tsp cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp chili powder (optional)
For the marination you will need;
- 1 Tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves
- 3 Tbsp fresh cream
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- 2 Tbsp yoghurt
- 4 Tbsp cornstarch
- Salt to taste
- Cut the chicken into pieces
- In a bowl mix together the chicken with salt, chili powder, cumin powder and black pepper (powder) then set aside for 10mins.
- In a blender add ginger-garlic paste, lemon juice and coriander leaves then blend well.
- Put the cheese in a bowl and add the blended mixture, yogurt, salt and cornstarch then mix well. Add the mixture in the marinated chicken and leave it overnight.
- Skewer the marinated chicken before placing it in a foil lined in a baking tray.
- Preheat your oven to grill mode at 250 degrees C.
- Grill for 8mins then flip over and grill for 8mins brush with some ghee or butter for a shiny look. This dish pairs well with fries, rice or our tasty Turkish bread. Please give it a try and tell us what you think.
Recipe Credits @delishus.tz