Faculties/Courses with more priority and subjected to loans and grants for higher education 2021/22
HESLB Faculties/Courses with more priority and subjected to loans and grants for higher education 2021/22. The Higher Education Students’ Loans Board (HESLB) is a body corporate established under Act No.9 of 2004 (as amended in 2007, 2014 and 2016) with the objective of assisting needy and eligible Tanzania students to access loans and grants for higher education.
After establishing applicant’s guidelines and meeting requirements under sections 3.1 and 3.2 above, the following programme clusters will be used to determine the loans to be issued in priority order subject to availability of funds.
They are divided into three clusters as follows below:-
Courses under this cluster include: –
- Education and Teaching in Science (Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics
- Health Sciences (Doctor of Medicine, Dental Surgery, Veterinary Medicine, Pharmacy, Nursing, Midwifery, Prosthetics and Orthotics, Physiotherapy, Biotechnology and Laboratory sciences, Radiotherapy Technology);
- Engineering Programmes (Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Mining, Mineral and Processing, Textile, Chemical and Processing, Agriculture,
- Food and Processing, Automobile, Industrial, Maritime Transportation, Marine Technology, Electronics and Telecommunication, and Bio-
- Processing and Post-Harvest), Water and Irrigation, Petroleum and Gas, and electrical, Bachelor Degree in Aircraft and Maintenance Engineering, Bachelor Degree in Pilot Engineering and Bachelor of Bio-medical
- engineering Programme.
- Petroleum Geology, Petroleum Chemistry
- Agriculture, Forestry, Animal Sciences and Production Management
IMPORTANT MUST READ:
Courses under this cluster include:
- Basic Science Programmes (BSc General, BSc in/with Applied Zoology, Botanical, Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Microbiology, Molecular
- Biology and Biotechnology, Fisheries and Aquaculture, Aquatic Environmental Sciences and Conservation, Geology, Mathematics and
- Statistics, Environmental Sciences, Environmental Health, Wildlife and Conservation), ICT Legal and ICT and Programming, Information Systems and Network Management, Environmental, Urban Development and Industrial Metrology.
- Land Science Programmes (Architecture, Landscape and Architecture, Interior Design, Building Survey, Building Economics, Urban and Regional Planning, Land Management and Valuation, and Geospatial Technology).
- Courses under this cluster include Business and Management Studies, Social Sciences, Arts, Humanities, Law and Legal Studies, Languages, Literature, Media and Communications Studies.
NOTE: All other courses not listed in either of the clusters, will fall under Cluster III
The main mandates of HESLB include:
- To assist, on a loan basis, needy students who secure admission in accredited higher learning institutions, but who have no economic power to pay for the costs of their education
- To collect due loans from loan beneficiaries and use it as revolving fund to sustain operations of the Board
- To create synergies through establishing strategic partnerships in student financing ecosystem