National UN Volunteer | Environment & Climate Change
The United Nations Volunteers (UNV) programme is the UN organization that promotes volunteerism to support peace and development worldwide. Volunteerism can transform the pace and nature of development and it benefits both society at large and the individual volunteer. This assignment is reserved for a person with disabilities and only candidates with disabilities are eligible to apply for this position. If shortlisted for this assignment, you will be asked for a copy of an official document confirming that you have a disability from a general practitioner, or from an organization of persons with disabilities.
• Assist in implementing UNDP programmes and projects in the areas of climate change and environment.
• Support effective management of the UNDP programme and projects within the Climate Change and environment – with special focus on blue economy as the country office is building its portfolio in this space.
• Pillar management focusing on quality control from formulation to implementation of the UNDP programme and projects.
• Assist in preparing project proposals for resource mobilization for project implementation.
• Participate in coordination meetings relating to climate change and environment activities and initiatives.
• Assist with knowledge building and management contributing to relevant knowledge networks and communities of practice.
A bachelors degree in the areas of Environment and or Climate Change is desired.