Sugar free Oatmeal Fruit Cake
It's a pure delight and healthy at the same time having no processed sugar, butter or tons of fat. It has the fiber of oats and the goodness of fruits.
How to make a Sugar Free Oatmeal Fruit Cake
If you like cakes and desserts but you're worried about your diet, this healthy oatmeal cake with dried fruits may be the solution for you. It's a pure delight and healthy at the same time having no processed sugar, butter or tons of fat. It has the fiber of oats and the goodness of fruits. A gluten free tasty treat that is really easy to make.
30 grams instant oats
1/2 cup olive oil/vegetable oil
100 grams dried fruit (cherries, strawberries, kiwi, tutti frutti, black and golden raisins)
200 grams atta flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup almonds
1/2 cup milk (you can use plant based milk or dairy)
1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon golden syrup
1) Mash the bananas and add the eggs, milk, oil, vanilla, honey and syrup, mixing well after every addition until combined then set aside.
2) Take the flour and add the baking powder and soda and sift twice.
3) Add the oats and dried fruits to the flour and mix until everything is combined.
4) Add the dry mixture from step 3 to the wet mixture and mix until combined (do not overmix).
5) Bake at 160 C for 30-40 minutes
This cake pairs well with tea made from our spicy tea blend.
Have you tried these recipes out?
- Mix all these spices together and use an electric grinder to grind them to a fine powder.
- When you have finished, pour the powder into a pan on low heat and stir gently for 5 minutes until they start to release a spicy aroma.
- Remove the spice mix from the pan and store it in an air tight container or jar ready for up to six months.
Please try this recipe and tell us what you think in the comments section.
Recipe Credits @delishus.tz